Benefits Of Dental Implants
January 12, 2016
It is unfortunate that tooth loss can happen to the best of us who are diligently hygienic and regularly brush and floss their teeth. Tooth loss can come from injuries, untreated tooth decay and other myriads of ways. However, Dental implants have come to be a healthy remedy to tooth loss; it has changed the face of restorative dentistry for years up to this moment. With over 90% success rate (according to the Academy of Osseointegration, a group of dentists and other professionals dedicated to the study of dental implants and their placement), it has come to be one of the major advancement in cosmetic dentistry, and has primarily been used to support artificial tooth for patients who have suffered tooth loss.
What is dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically placed into a patient's jawbone beneath the gum, to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal diseases, injuries, or some other reasons. Although, Restorative Dentistry has been the pioneering/frontiers force towards advocating the benefits of dental implants to the public. Nevertheless, other bodies that have seen the benefits of this remedy now encourage the public especially those with tooth problems to take a step in the right direction.
What are the benefits of dental implants over other treatments?
1. Dental implants help to maintain jawbone health.
2. Dental implants can last for a lifetime if properly taken care of.
3. It is firm; no need to worry about slippage like normal dentures.
4. It improves chewing and speaking significantly.
5. There will not be any structural changes and shifting among the rest of your natural teeth to accommodate the any gap just like dentures.
6. Your face and jaw will remain, as it ought to without much change.
7. It will boost your self-esteem.
8. It will give you more self-confidence to speak and smile without losing your confidence.
9. It does not require regular checkup or special care, normal hygienic routine of brushing and flossing is enough.
10. Lastly, you will be glad you did.
It is pertinent to mention that proper dental hygiene is the best way to protect your teeth from damage and loss. If peradventure, accidents happen and you are faced with the options of choosing a restorative treatment, always remember that dental implant is the best option you can take.